Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween Tag for Sara

I love making things for people who appreciate them and Sara is one of those most appreciative ones.  I am fortunate enough to have a handful of those special friends.  I know Sara is crazy about Halloween, so I had been contemplating making something for her.  One day I received a surprise in the mail from Sara.........a Halloween art tag!  So it didn't take me long to get busy and work one up for her.  ")  I used this heavy silver cardstock that I had splattered with copper metallic paint as my base.  I love the stars and circles on a scrap I  had and cut a piece to go across the top of the tag.  I stamped a crow and perched him on top of that strip.  I decided to do Miss Pumpkin Head (Bird & Paperie No. 8, Catherine Moore's Character Constructions) as the main character.  I stamped her body on striped orange paper and cut it out.  Then I stamped her head on a light tan paper and cut it out.  I fashioned a bowtie from some black/white striped material (it's almost like organza but has a little polyester in it) and tied the pieces together with a thin orange ribbon.  I then gathered some and put it at her waist and added a thin strip of the orange ribbon.  I cut a small section of the orange tissue paper printed with spider webs and spiders (received from Sara) and pleated it for the skirt.  I stamped another crow (Madhatter's Tea Party plate #4, Catherine's CC stamps) and placed him on her arm.  I punched out the black fence and glued it to the bottom of the tag then positioned Miss PH on the tag.  Next I made a "HAPPY Halloween!" sign with purple background and attached it to the left side of the tag.  I tied a strip of the black/white material strip to the top of the tag.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved receiving your Halloween tag that you made especially for me! I have Miss Pumpkin Head displayed in my art studio. Each time I see your tag, it reminds me of how special our friendship is and so thank you....not only for the lovely tag but also our friendship.

    xoxxx,
    Your art sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad pleased you like her. It is always such a joy to make something for someone who appreciates all your work and the time you put into it. Thans to you, too, Sara. It works both ways. ")

    ReplyDelete