This dress pattern was the first one I chose for my dress banner. It is not necessarily my favorite. ") But, I remember so many dresses from my childhood similar to it. (Anybody else remember those starched pinafores? LOL) Striped pinafores seemed to be so popular during that time....usually combined with a floral dress. But I love this window-pane check done in blue and white. I thought it made a great combo. Of course, I had to add the little pocket....I think my mother thought I'd carry a little hankie if I had a pocket. ") I added a white color and the black Nail Heads for the buttons. I have a small pice of this lovely lace and used it to trim off the bottom of the dress. My embellishment for the piece was this "sweet" Sweet Peas faux flower seed packet. I added the date to the ribbon banner at the bottom of the packet. I attached the bird and stamped the sentiment "be happy" . I added the blue grosgrain ribbon at the waist.
I used a text-printed paper for the back. I absolutely love text in my artwork and wanted that to show in this piece. I purchased a pack of silohette cards from StampDiva and chose this one to put on the back. Making silohettes of children's faces was a very popular thing to do during my childhood. I cut the card into two pieces and attached it to the back of the dress.